Wednesday 20 November 2013

Nike Vapor Flash Running Gilet

Nike Vapor Flash Running Gilet (£75-£150)
I will start my blog by looking at my new high viz running vest from Nike, ideal for dark nights. The vest is reversible with one side being very reflective on both front and back (total understatement- it's extreme!)- and the other less reflective apart from the regions as shown in the pictures.
Hopefully you can see what it looks like in the photos when the light hits it and the reflective material can be seen to light it up! I wore this vest for the first time tonight at the running club and the fellow runners were amazed at the reflective qualities with many looking to buy one. 
 I found the vest extremely comfortable to wear with a tailored slim fit, so would recomend buying a size up from your usual size if you need to wear something thick underneath, I ran with a compression top and nike dri fit t-shirt. Just a shame that I didnt have long sleeves which are available on the jacket, as the wet weather may restrict my use but time will tell. The jacket was very warm and waterproof, I think I will look at getting the full jacket when I can afford it.
VERDICT - a great addition to any runners wardrobe, extremely comfortable, reversible too, the ultimate in hi-viz safety. A tad on the expensive side though at £150, I have seen them available online for as low as £75. 
RATING 5/5 a definate must for the safety conscious runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment